|Posted on 20 April, 2020 at 18:35||comments (283)|
Physiotherapists are ideally placed to assist in the prevention of falls through assessment, education and exercise prescription.
Whether it is in the home, in the garden or out in the community, falls risks are out there.
Staying safe involves
- Being as strong and fit as possible.
- Maintaining or improving good balance and co-ordination.
- Removing risks around the house and yard.
- Wearing safe footwear.
- Using the correct walking aid.
|Posted on 28 March, 2020 at 20:20||comments (50)|
Make a playlist of Spotify or itunes to get you up and moving everyday.
Here is mine.
- 9 to 5
- Time Warp
- Dancing Queens
- My Sharona
- Rocking All Over the World
- Wake me up before you go-go
- Time Warp
- Sisters are doing it for themselves
|Posted on 9 January, 2019 at 16:45||comments (1)|
The British Journal of Sports Medicine has just published some new guidline for exercises during pregnancy. Evidence would show that women who exercise have a 40% decrease in having gestational diabetes, there is lower weigh gain, improved cardiorespiratory fitness and decreased incidence of high blood pressure. Only a small group of women should not exercise so see your doctor if you have preterm labor, pre-eclampsia, risk of decreas...Read Full Post »
|Posted on 7 January, 2019 at 1:55||comments (329)|
There is a growing trend for doctors to prescibe exercise as treatment for their patients. The list of conditions that will benefit from physical activity grows longer with every new piece of reasearch.
Exercise is medicine and can:-
- Reduce the risk of heart disease by 40%
- Lower the risk of stroke by 27%
- Reduce the incidence of high blood pressure by almos...